Step by Step Virus Removal Instructions
**Please read these instructions carefully before starting
Note: Write down our toll-free support number and keep it on hand. If you run into any trouble while removing the infection, give us a call for assistance.
Virus Removal Hotline: (800) 530-8514
- Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking by rebooting your computer. You can do this by rebooting your computer and hitting the F8 button on your keyboard continuously upon reboot. After continuously hitting the F8 button, you will see a screen that says, ‘Advanced Boot Options’ or ‘Windows Advanced Options Menu’ (see illustration below). Arrow down to where it says ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ and hit enter on the keyboard. You should now be in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Start Internet Explorer and go to Menu > Tools > Internet Options. Click the connections tab and select LAN settings. In the LAN Settings, go to proxy server and un-check “Use Proxy Server for Your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)”. Now your browsing should be resumed without the interruption of the infection.
- Download Malwarebytes by clicking on the following link: Malwarebytes Download
- Save the file to your desktop (this will make it easy to find when it’s time to run the program). See the image below for a picture of the Malwarebytes icon. The file name should be mbam-setup-22.214.171.1240.
- After the file has been saved to your desktop, close all open windows and applications running on the computer. This will make sure Malwarebytes launches correctly and promptly.
- A Malwarebytes icon will be on your desktop, locate it and double click it. You should see the following ‘Run’ prompt (see illustration below).
- Once the installation starts, the options Update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should be left checked. (this will make sure you get the latest version of Malwarebytes upon installation) Click finish!
- Malwarebytes will now launch. Once you see the Malwarebytes interface, select ‘Start Trial’. After you select ‘Start Trial’, you can start the scan (see illustration below).
- The scan will take several minutes to complete. After the system is fully scanned, start the removal process.
- Click the Remove Selected button and allow Malwarebytes to start the removal process. After the removal process has been completed, Malwarebytes will give you a log of what was removed. This file will be located in a text file on the desktop (see illustration below).
- Close or x-out the Malwarebytes interface after the removal process is complete.
- We recommend rebooting your computer in Normal Mode.
- Finally, we want to make sure the system is running smooth and stable. To ensure that, you should to install PC MRI which is a system stabilizer. Click Here to Continue Stabilizer process.
- You have successfully removed the virus from your system. If you continue to have issues, feel free to call our virus removal hotline at (800) 530-8514. We are available Monday thru Friday 24 hours a day and 11am-11pm EST on Saturday/Sunday.